Groupme is one of the many numerous SMS chat application and one of the few best applications in that niche.
For Android: This going to be simple and straight to the point, no branching around, you’ll learn how to leave this group as easy as possible.
Here is how to leave or end a GroupMe chat on Android.
→To leave a group:
1. First, select the group you want to leave.
2. Tap the group’s avatar in the top right corner or you swipe left from the right side of the screen.
3. Now tap on Settings, scroll to the bottom of the page and
then tap or click Leave Group.
You can also see ‘End Group it means that you’re the owner of that group so that is you created that group If you select End Group you will delete the group entirely.
To leave the group without deleting it, you can change the group’s creator.
For iPhone (iOS)
The steps are basically the same with Android, here is a recap though.
- Select the group you want to leave.
- Tap the group’s avatar in the top right corner or swipe left from the right side of the screen.
- Tap setting, come down to the bottom of the page and then tap leave group.
- If the above seems too cumbersome or doesn’t work for your device platform. Do this simply one instead.
- Text #STOP to any group number.
Note This will end all communication with all of your GroupMe groups and
forbid communication from new groups in the future.
This is especially good if you don’t just want to leave the GroupMe group but will like to take a break from this App.
When you feel like coming back in just text #resume to any group number to opt back in to
That all hope you all enjoy your SMS GroupMe texts.