It’s not out place to erase ones Facebook messages, perhaps due to some uncomfortable messages sent and received. Or one may even decide to delete the whole conversation and forget about that person – a memory thing.
Whatever reasons you personally might have for wanting to delete your Facebook conversations and messages it’s your reason, Nethelpblog is only here to show you have to do this in simple clear way.
Delete Facebook messages and a conversation on Android
If you have an Android smartphone, chances are you have the messenger application installed, and you chat via that app (you can’t delete FB messages via web using your mobile). If this is true then follow this steps to delete your chat conversations
To delete a message
– Open the conversation
– Tap and hold the message you’d like to delete
– Tap > Delete message
To delete a conversation
– Open the conversation – Tap the menu button ( the three lines) – Tap > Delete conversation.
Delete a Conversation and messages on iPhone (iOS)
To delete a single message
This much like deleting with Android, with just a little difference.
– Open the conversation that contains the message.
– Locate the message, and then press and hold the message with your finger. You’ll see a menu, Tap “Delete” and confirm it.
To delete conversation
You can delete an entire conversation with someone instead of deleting individual messages. To do so, scroll through your list of conversations to find the one you want to delete.
– Don’t open the conversation, swipe the conversation from right to left. Tap the “Delete” button to remove the entire conversation. And you’re done.
Note: There will be an option either to delete Delete or Archive the conversation. Archived conversations are removed from your list but are still searchable. Deleted conversations are removed completely from your account.
Also note, deleting a message or conversation from your inbox won’t delete it from your friend’s inbox. It’s just your own.