You don’t need to ever visit any bank to cash your money, no need to stand in que or waste your time waiting for bank officials.
With this new method, you don’t need to visit any bank, just with your smartphone or computer you’re good to go.
Endosed by CBN and other banking regulators like the Central Bank of Nigeria, Ghana and other African countries, through Interswitch. No hassles. If done properly you should receive an alert on your phone, from your bank. As your account will be credited with the transferred amount.
Latest WUT method
1. Get the sender to tell you the details including the MTCN
2. Go to quickteller.com, sign in if you have an account or create one if you don’t have any.
3. Click on Receive Money from the drop down menu. Click the Western Union title once a new page opens.
4. Select Naira from the box under your bank’s logo.
5. Click Receive Money Now, under your banks logo, a page opens fill the sender and the receivers details in the spaces provided. Click continue
6. A new page will be opened, confirm it by clicking confirm. If it reloads click confirm again, you’ll see the confirmation page, and a text message will be sent to your phone.
7. Wait for Quickteller to verify the details you entered. Quickteller will check with Western Union and the bank you provided. Once everything corresponds your account will be credited with the transferred sum.
Note: supported banks in Nigeria are GT Bank, Skybank, Wema and StanbicIbtc, you must have an account with one of them. For other countries (currently there isns’t) please refer to the Quickteller website for supported banks or your Apex bank’s website.
Have you gotten any cash via Western Union before either through visiting a bank or with this method? What was your experience like?