As the year gradually comes to an end, the usual suspects has again emerged albeit with a little suprise, the top 3 most searched in entertainment blogs (searched by names) are all owned by females, with no men breaking into the top 3. Really this list shows the importance of women in gossips, one common thing about this blogs, maybe with the exemption of Uche’s bellanaija, is that they all are Entertainment-Nollywood/music gossip copy and paste type of blogs, this proves that women loves gossiping, which is actually creative, i.e take what you do best and turn it into a job! Well done Linda and co. This shows too that Nigerians loves gossips, whether it’s D’banj marrying Nadia Buhari or any other untrue facts, Nigerians are in for anything called gist.
The list of blogs are lead by the popular Linda Ikeji, of lindaikeji. blogspot Followed by Ladun Liadi of ladunliad. blogspot, and then Stella of stelladimoko.blogspot they all have a sub blogger domain. Bella naija was displaced from the top which actually comes as a suprise and shows also that Bellanaija has gone real pro, they are now focusing more on building direct traffic either from readers who bookmarks them or through email marketing, as a result they are now less dependent on Google or Bing/Yahoo search engines to bring in readers, to do that they have to change contents which they did, although this helps them write for high class readers and earn more money, this may scare away some very average Nigerians as they no longer write fully on gossips.
List of top Entertainment blogs, with volume of searches
1. LindaIkeji’s blog 4,000 searches in Bing alone
2. ladunliadi’s blog On 3,000 searches on Bing
3. Stella Dimokoapp. 2000 searches
4. Obehi Okoawo’s Blog app. 1503 searches (this is the suprise package a stand out female amongst females, who actually displaced Uche’s Bellanaija, to fifth position.)
5. Bellanaija Up to 1500 searches in volume. The only blog/website among the top 5, that does not bear the name of it’s owner.
6. Miss Petite Nigeria blog Close call of 1500 searches
7. Olu Famous blog Got up to 1411 searches
8. Tiwa’s blog Was searched 1300 times estimated.
9. Emmy Collins blog Worth 1,203 in searches.
10. Mercy Johnson blog Actually this is not the real Nollywood Mercy Johnson blog, it was started by another person with her name, if unauthorized this could amount to identity theft which is a crime. This blog got over 800 searches
11. Daily African Tips This blog unlike others, focuses on the investigative aspect of entertainment, it got about 500 searches.
How this data was gotten
This data was gotten from Bing search engine only, which means it excludes Google. As a result searches are bound to be far less in Bing than Google, because Bing only have about 10% of searches compared to Google. On Bing a total of 6,530 searches carried the word blog, out of those this top ten blogs emerged. This was found on Bing webmaster tools
It’s important to know that it’s not all searches may result in clicks and visiting of the the searched blogs, Bing webmaster tools on the keyword research shows the number times the blogs was searched not the number of times it was clicked.