Sometimes dating, social life and business profiles don’t mix, everything should be kept in its place. For many there is no benefit in mixing business with pleasure if you know what you want you’ll need to separate things.
Unfortunately, Tinder makes this difficult, you must log in or sign up with your Facebook account. Once you do that everything gets mixed up, it’s not an issue if you don’t care what your Facebook friends think about online dating, but if you do care? Well, that’s another thing. Again when you link your FB Account with the Tinder App, the App will invade your privacy to an extent, having access to your photos, contacts, and details about you etc.
In simple terms here are the things the Tinder app requires from your FB account
– Your Facebook profile
– Your Age and basic info
– Your friend list
– Email address used to sign up for Facebook
– Relationship interests
– Your Birthday
– Status updates
– Education history (college, universities, etc.)
– Hobbies and interests (bands, sports clubs, etc.)
– Your current city
– Liked pages
The ones above are just the ones they’ll tell you, you don’t know whether there are other hidden things that they may show to the public which you might not like. The best way is to see whether we can get into Tinder without using Facebook as our login.
Though there is no official way to completely disconnect Tinder from your Facebook account, with this three hidden ways, you can atleast disconnect the important ones.
How To Disconnect Tinder from Facebook
Method 1 – New account
– Since Tinder requires Facebook to work, and you don’t want to mess with your main FB account, just create a new one. No not a fake one, but a new Facebook account that mirrors your main account but simplified.
– Once created fill the about you section with the appropriate details (details you won’t be embarrassed when others see it, it could be your real address, school etc) you don’t even need to worry about people seeing your last name as that one is private. Upload your pictures, so that Tinder can find one to use.
– Next visit the Tinder app locate and tap on the settings gear at the top left corner. Next Tap App Settings then Logout, confirm and logout. Now you’re logged out you’ll have to log in with your newly created Facebook account (login to Facebook first, before you login via Tinder using Android or iPhone tap the FB Login button) Now, Tinder will have no choice than to link to your new account and you can limit how much information you put on it (more details in the second method).
Method – 2 Set up things
Visit Facebook.com with your computer or the mobile version with your mobile device. Once there click the lock icon that has two vertical lines at the top right.
– Click “see more settings” at the button, locate and click on “APPS” you’ll see Tinder, click or tap on it, then make the App visibility “only me”, this way Tinder won’t be able to post anything on your timeline or even show others that you use Tinder.
Method 3 – Make Tinder change
Your opinion matters to them because without users there won’t be Tinder, it’s individuals that makeup Tinder user base, so you’re important.
If you don’t like their way of doing things, reach them, there is a reason the contact option is in the Tinder app. Use that and contact them, tell them to make Facebook different from Tinder. You might be surprised your opinion may do wonders.
After all, others have been complaining, chances are they are waiting for a particular number of users before they do it, and yours may just be the one required to complete them.
Method 4 – use a third party App
Some say that some of this methods no longer work, but you can use a third-party app, this will automatically create a fake Facebook account and use it either to log in or create an account on Tinder, with your permission of course. The only drawback is the survey you have to fill, this is done keep the app free, you can then pay to upgrade and remove the survey if you like. Here is the app Tunlocker.